Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Letter from a kid



Dear Santa,

Well, here comes that time of the year again. I see in the shops that you are all over the place again, so, I know, it's that time again. I don't know how you can be in so many places at the same time, everywhere I go, you are there. Maybe you have many twin brothers, or maybe you travel really really fast? I don't know, and every time I tried speaking to you, I get no replies, except your "ho ho ho". So, this year, for the first time, I will write a letter to you. I hope you are doing good, and that you are not too tired from packing all the gifts for the kids.


This year, I have been doing a lot of thinking, and a lot of growing up. So, I have been working hard at that. Also, I helped mam building the house, I keep my room nice and clean, and I help her with the cooking. Mam and I are doing good. So, here is my stuff list for this year:
- a good notebook and a new pen, so I can write the book I want to write. For me, that will be enough, because I know that writing this book will take me a long time, and that I will not have much time for anything else.
- a good book for mam. You know everything, so you know what type of books she likes. You can send it to me first, like that, I can put it under the tree, and I will make mam think that it is from you ;)

For this year, it is all the stuff I ask dear Santa. I have other things to ask, but those things you can not put in a box, so I will just ask anyways.
- a real boyfriend for mam. I think she is ready for a super good friend. I know she still loves the last one and always will, but he did not want her. Her heart was really broken you know, but I think they both had a lot of growing up to do. And she did do the growing up dear Santa, I watched her change, and together we worked really hard to understand what happened. Maybe they can make peace and be friends? I liked the last one, he was fun, but I was tired of seeing them fight, and she got tired of fighting too. So, we made a deal with mam:  we agree that we both want peace. So, please, don't tell mam that I told you this, but she is ready. She says :"best and simple" is enough for her, just a super good friend that she can have fun, be free, hold hands and travel with.
- About fighting, I want to ask you something else. I see a lot of people fight, and I ask you to bring them a little bit of peace. I know sometimes, even when people love each other very much, they fight a lot. And it makes me sad dear Santa. So, maybe you can teach them how to speak better to each other, or maybe you can open their hearts a little bit? I know people get angry, and they do stupid things. I see it even in school, the kids fight a lot, it makes me sad, so I go away and I write or draw in my book. Grown ups do exactly the same thing. I don't understand why grown ups ask the kids to behave good, and then, I see them do the same fighting? Ok, I know, sometimes in the school yard, the kids do not agree on which games to play. But instead of fighting, maybe they could learn to better talk, and maybe make "compromises". See, I even learned new words this year. So, dear Santa, for this year, I ask you to send a little compromise to this planet, so they fight less and listen to each other more.

I know I already ask for a lot, but I have a last thing to ask. In school, the teachers tell us a lot about the environment and taking care of the planet. I think it's very important, because it is the only planet we have and the animals and plants are my good friends. So if you can send a little love for the planet to all the kids, it would be great. If you want a list suggestion of ideas to help with that, the kids and I made a group in school, and we have a list to share with you, if you are not too busy. Or maybe, you can ask someone else you know that can help?
That's why on my stuff list, I just asked for a notebook, a pen, and a book for mam, because I understand that to love the planet, we need to use less stuff. And really, I know that stuff will not make me or any other kid happy. Happy is inside, and it is being good to the people we love. As mam says "best and simple" is best. She is super stubborn sometimes, but we also agree on a lot of things. For the planet, I promess to take good care of the stuff I have, so like that, you will not have to give me more stuff.

Ok, well, I think that's it for this year dear Santa. I know you are real busy, and I don't want to take too much of your time. Before I finish this letter, I have a secret to tell you dear Santa. I have been asking myself if you are real or not. Really, I see you in way too many places at the same time. How many of you are there? So, for now, I will say that I do not know if you are real or not. But maybe it's like when I speak with my cat, you know, Fluffy? I don't think that Fluffy can really understand what I say, but I like her when she purrs and when we are happy together. Maybe Fluffy is more real than you, I don't know. Maybe I don't really care if you are real or not. If you are not real, then, you are like my other imaginary friends, and that is ok. I told you dear Santa, I have been doing a lot of growing up, so I ask myself some serious questions.

I thank you for reading my letter, and I hope that the Elves are doing well. Please take good care of Rudolphe and all the animals and trees. Give a big kiss to Miss Santa for me.
Have a good day.

A kid.

2 comments:

Annaliese Zare Khiabani said...

love this...

Annaliese Zare Khiabani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.